PG Connects conferences are open to everyone.
PG Connects strives to be an inclusive, safe and welcoming environment for all, and we have zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for attendee behaviour as well as the consequences for unacceptable actions. We invite everybody participating in the conference, whatever their role or the type of ticket or responsibilities they have, to help us make PG Connects a positive experience for everyone. This code applies to PG Connects, the host venue, and related events like the Global Connects Party which may be off-site but covered by admission policies.
- Be considerate and respectful of everybody, including staff and volunteers as well as attendees.
- Communicate in a civil and professional manner, both in-person and online.
- This is an informal industry but please wear clothing that is suitable for a professional work environment, and is not provocative or offensive.
- Many PGC venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Please consume alcohol responsibly. Ensure you are of legal age to drink alcohol if you attend any of the sessions or parties where alcohol is present, and bring ID.
- Please observe all the PG Connects and venue guidelines on COVID-19 safety.
- Refrain from discriminatory, demeaning, insulting or harassing actions and speech, including but not limited to insults, slurs or sexual references/advances. See below for unacceptable behaviour.
- Follow the instructions of any session moderators, hosts, volunteers or PG Connects staff.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow attendees. Alert conference organisers if you notice a dangerous or inappropriate situation, if you are made to feel uncomfortable or at risk, or if you witness someone else in distress.
- Comply with all local laws and regulations.
- Undesirable conduct includes but is not limited to: violent, intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct, actions, speech and online activity.
- You must not make offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- We will take a zero-tolerance approach to targeted intimidation, stalking or following, and inappropriate physical contact, or unwelcome sexual attention or suggestions.
- Unnecessary and sustained disruption of any ongoing activities or sessions will result in you being asked to leave those sessions.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, sexual advances, use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance or creates anxiety in a person, is not permitted. Be aware that as well as being in breach of this code of conduct, such actions may also violate your company’s own harassment policies, and possibly also the law.
- PGC is not a dating service. Please do not use the messaging platforms – or other social media or communication tools – to make unprofessional advances on other attendees or members of staff.
- Do not bring any item that can be used as a weapon, or which may cause danger to others.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour or content that contains obscene messages or personal slurs will get you removed.
- Do not have in your possession or use any illegal/contraband substance.
- Do not tamper with another person’s food or drink. Spiking a person’s drink is dangerous and illegal. In light of several drink-spiking reports from GDC in March 2023, we advise people to be hyper-vigilant about this.
- Smoking is not permitted at the event or inside the hotel venue.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the venue or any direct instructions from event staff.
- If you experience any of the above unacceptable behaviours, either as the target of them or as a witness, or if you have any concerns during the event, please notify a member of the PG Connects team as soon as possible.
- All reports can be made in confidence.
- The team, including volunteers, can be found throughout the venue but especially on reception at the entrance at all times. You can come and join us if you are uncomfortable being alone.
- You can also contact the team at [email protected] at any time.
- The PG Connects team or hotel staff will be available to provide immediate assistance and/or help participants contact local law enforcement if necessary.
- If you believe your drink may have been spiked or tampered with, or witness another person’s food or drink being interfered with, please find an organizer immediately. Look out for each other and ask for help.
- Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated, whether by staff members, attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organisers, venue hosts, sponsors, or exhibitors.
- Anyone asked to stop behaviour that disrupts the event or causes discomfort to others is expected to comply immediately.
- We take all accusations and reports of abuse, discrimination, harassment, bullying and unwanted sexual advances seriously.
- Unacceptable behaviour will be identified and called out.
- If a participant persists in unacceptable behaviour, the organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
- Our response to the witnessing and reporting of unacceptable behaviour may include, but is not limited to: removing the offender from specific parts of the event, expelling the offender from the event entirely, banning them from future conferences, reporting them to their own company, reporting them to the authorities.
All final decisions about attendance and conduct are at the discretion of the event organisers Steel Media. If you have any questions please contact the team at: [email protected].