Are you an indie developer? Are you currently working on a new mobile, smartwatch, or handheld game?
If you’ve nodded twice you are hereby encouraged to attend our next Very Big Indie Pitch, which is taking place during Pocket Gamer Connects Seattle on May 13-14.
The clue’s in the name. The Very Big Indie Pitch is the bigger sibling of our regular BIP event, which sees indie developers engage in a speed-dating-styled pitching competition for fame (oh, and a share of a promotional prize package worth $thousands).
It’s a fun but hotly contested event that has proved a genuine game-changer for teams in the past. You can get a pretty decent lowdown here.
Interested but unsure if you qualify? Got some questions? This should help:
- You can pitch games for mobile, smartwatch, and handheld
- You can pitch your game even if you’ve pitched it at a previous BIP
- We prefer to see unreleased games, though we’re happy to see games that are out too
- One submission only per developer/team
- Even if your application is not successful you’ll still get a discount!
- Deadline for entries is midnight May 8, 2019 – but places fill up so the sooner, the better (entry details below)
All submissions will be notified if they are successful in their application to pitch at the event.
We’ll leave you with some top tips on how to prepare for the Big Indie Pitch and look forward to seeing you in Seattle.
- All indie mobile game developers welcome
- Please make one submission pitch once per company. Multiple people from the same company are welcome to make the pitch.
- Make sure you submit your game details here to be shortlisted to take part:
- You will have 4 minutes to pitch. Practice your pitch, get it down to 3 minutes to allow 1 minute for questions. Here are some great tips on how to prepare for the Big Indie Pitch.
- Come prepared. Business cards, stickers, info sheets, etc. Most importantly, bring your game on a mobile device with a 4G connection.
- If you are selected as a finalist you will normally be asked to present your game to the audience before the winners are announced
- The prize breakdown is:
1st Prize = $4,000 of advertising spend on Steel Media websites (tbc)
2nd Prize = $2,000 of advertising spend on Steel Media websites (tbc)
3rd Prize = $1,000 of advertising spend on Steel Media websites (tbc)
N.B. If you are selected to pitch, feedback on your game from the judges will be made available after the event.