Are you an indie developer? Are you currently working on a new mobile, smartwatch, or handheld game?
If you’ve nodded twice you are hereby encouraged to attend our first digital Big Indie Pitch, which is taking place during PG Connects Digital #1 in April 2020.
A Big Indie Pitch sees indie developers engage in a speed-dating-styled pitching competition for fame (oh, and one of our bespoke promotional packages worth thousands of dollars).
It’s a fun but hotly contested event that has proved a genuine game-changer for teams in the past. You can get a pretty decent lowdown here.
The intention is to run the mobile Big Indie Pitch on Wednesday, April 8th, from 4pm to 8pm (UK/BST).
Interested but unsure if you qualify? Got some questions? This should help:
- You can pitch games for mobile, portable including Switch, mobile VR and AR. (PC and console developers go here.)
- You can pitch your game even if you’ve pitched it at a previous Big Indie Pitch event
- We prefer to see unreleased games, though we’re happy to see games that are just out too
- Each successful applicant gets two free PG Connects Digital #1 developer passes
- Even if your application is not successful you’ll still get a discount!
- Deadline for entries is midnight Wednesday April 1, 2019 – but places fill up so the sooner, the better (entry details below)
If you’re good to go then submit your details and game here – the earlier, the better.
All submissions will be notified if they are successful in their application to pitch at the event.
We’ll leave you with some top tips on how to prepare for the Big Indie Pitch and look forward to seeing you in Helsinki.
- All indie mobile game developers are welcome
- One or two people from the same company are welcome to make the pitch
- Make sure you submit your game details to be shortlisted to take part
- Since this is taking place digitally, you will have longer to pitch than at a typical BIP. We’re considering 10 minutes, so practice explaining your game in this length of time. Here are some great tips on how to prepare for the Big Indie Pitch.
- The prize breakdown is:
1st Prize = Big Indie Package (to be used on Steel Media’s advertising and consultancy services)
2nd Prize = Basic Indie Package (to be used on Steel Media’s advertising and consultancy services)
3rd Prize = Basic Indie Package (to be used on Steel Media’s advertising and consultancy services)
N.B. If you are selected to pitch, feedback on your game from the judges will be made available after the event.