Are you an indie developer? Are you currently working on a new mobile, smartwatch, or handheld game?
If you’ve nodded twice you are hereby encouraged to attend our next Very Big Indie Pitch, which is taking place LIVE during Pocket Gamer Connects London on February 14.
The clue’s in the name. The Very Big Indie Pitch (Mobile edition) is the bigger sibling of our regular BIP event, which sees indie developers engage in a speed-dating-styled pitching competition for fame (oh, and one of our bespoke promotional packages worth thousands of dollars).
It’s a fun but hotly contested event that has proved a genuine game-changer for teams in the past. You can get a pretty decent lowdown here.
Interested but unsure if you qualify? Got some questions? This should help:
- You can pitch games for mobile, mobile VR, and AR
- You can pitch your game even if you’ve pitched it at a previous BIP
- We prefer to see unreleased games, though we’re happy to see games that are out too
- Each successful applicant gets two free PGC London developer tickets and additional tickets for other team members are discounted
- Even if your application is not successful you’ll still get a discount!
- Deadline for entries is midnight Monday 7 February 2022
If you’re good to go then submit your details and game using the button below – the earlier, the better. (Should you need to, you can register with the PG.biz Business Network in order to enter.)
- All indie mobile game developers welcome
- Multiple people from the same company are welcome to make the pitch.
- Make sure you submit your game details to be shortlisted to take part:
- You will have 4 minutes to pitch. Practice your pitch, get it down to 3 minutes to allow 1 minute for questions. Watch the video below for some great tips on how to prepare for The Big Indie Pitch.
- Come prepared. Business cards, stickers, info sheets, etc. Most importantly, bring your game on a mobile device with a 4G connection.
- If you are selected as a finalist you will normally be asked to present your game to the audience before the winners are announced
- The prize breakdown is:
1st Prize = Big Indie Package (to be used on Steel Media’s advertising and consultancy services) and the coveted Very Big Indie Pitch baseball bat
- 2nd Prize = Basic Indie Package (to be used on Steel Media’s advertising and consultancy services)
- 3rd Prize = Basic Indie Package (to be used on Steel Media’s advertising and consultancy services)
N.B. If you are selected to pitch, feedback on your game from the judges will be made available after the event.
DEVELOPERS! If you’re seeking an investor for your studio, there is still space available in our Investor Connector session (please apply here).
All submissions will be notified if they are successful in their application to pitch at the event.
We’ll leave you with those top tips and look forward to seeing you in London.